Well, do I have the courage of the yellow socks, to begin and maintain a blog? And if I do, what is the purpose? (Always begin with the end in mind.....).
So, sitting in my (too cool for April) house....thinking that my dad's yellow socks should be an inspiration. The gave him a unique attitude, one that helped him live a life full of....joy, sorrow, laughter, tears...he wrote editorials on issues of great significance to the country and his home city....and he took movies of great hilarity and fun that live on in our families' lives. Yellow socks filled him with courage for the day and gave him armor to face whatever came his way.
My blog is the outcome of yellow socks. I want to comment on the times of this life.....I want to comment on issues of great significance and great hilarity. And to incorporate the loves of my life, family and faith and work, with respect and courage.
Yellow socks. Thanks, Dad, for the inspiration. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment