So last Thursday evening, quietly and in the safe, warm darkness of the night, a professional friend of mine slipped away from this earth and into His peace. Mark was a funny, kind, steady, quiet professional who, from all accounts in the newspaper, lived a full life centered around his family. He only knew of his shortened time on this earth for a few weeks. He left us better for having known him.
As with the important happenings in life, his departure was touched by a higher being, in ways that reached out to others. As news of Mark's death spread, news of the birth of another team member's grandson also came to light. The baby, born within the 24 hours of Mark's passing, was shown to us as a close-up picture of a baby, snuggled and wrapped with a blue head-cap and a little smile on his face. He was, to me, evidence of the hand of God, completing the circle of life in the little part of the world in which I am blessed to abide.
And today, blessings from Mark's life and death continued. The rain gently covered our community; I see in rain, the hope of renewal and I believe that it is a sign of love and peace when it happens at the time of a major life event....birth, death, marriage. The sign that our God is providing, and guiding, and watching.
And then, another sign. Sitting a separate computers in two different rooms of our house, Tedd and I each found an article about the end of life and going gently into the next world. I printed the article for Tedd, he bookmarked it for me, we laughed lightly when we both realized our minds had melded from different rooms, and in that loving coincidence, a higher being spoke again.
Go gently, Mark, you have touched us. Walk in the yellow socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment