The topic of today's sermon was "Miracles". And, in another example of how miracles work, the pastor asked each of us to take at least 30 minutes sometime today to "write - in a journal, in a letter, in an email - just write about the miracles in your life". Wow. Why is this a miracle at work for me? Because, what did I just start doing yesterday....blogging.
I've believed all my life that there are signs that point the way, if we'll just take time to see them in our lives. These are my daily miracles. And his call to action, in today's sermon, was one of those miracles. There is a purpose yet unseen for the words I write. I may never know that purpose, but I believe.
Our pastor told us today of his most recent miracle. Our pastor is.....well.....eclectic and creative, fundamental and loving, focused and encompassing. He and his wife use their homeplace as a refuge for injured or unusual wild animals. Giraffes, lions, monkeys, donkeys, you name it, he probably has cared for it at some point. Most recently, it was a beautiful, wild, white tiger cub. Which tragically, died about 3 months after they were given it to care for. He and his wife have mourned and prayed...and today, he told us that the Sandusky Zoo called and asked if he would be willing to take a white tiger cub, one of several born recently. He'll be traveling to Sandusky today, and tomorrow at 1PM will start the return home with this animal, whose life will now be part of his ministry.
My miracle today? News that my cousin Deb, who just completed her chemo treatments, also successfully applied for and won a new job in her company! Deb has struggled this past year, her doubt and pain often more overwhelming than she thought she could bear. Her sisters and brothers lifted her up; her friends gave her strength; and the Lord carried her when it seemed there was no hope. Deb is blessed and I pray that her faith journey, so tested in this past year, will be a visible light to her to believe...in miracles.
So yes, every day in every way, there are miracles. We just need to open our eyes and hearts, and see and believe. Continue walking in your yellow socks....
No comments:
Post a Comment