Thursday, April 21, 2011

Intensity....

Some days....or weeks....are amazingly intense. Some days....seem like weeks when the intensity is too much.  I was reminded today, that stepping back, stepping out, connecting with family and love....is necessary.

Too many times it's easy to fall into the trap of just reacting, just doing, just moving....and not thinking about the long-term and what really matters.  Eleven hours of back-to-back-to-back meetings and calls and barriers and personnel issues and mountains seeming to block the way....

.....until.....I spent a wonderful 45 minutes at a sports bar with Tedd....and another hour at Maundy Thursday services with mom....and then came home to some beautiful pictures on Laura's blog.  All of it...centering me, reminding me that life is more than work; work is what I do so that I can live life fully.

Ah, the yellow socks.  Tucked right by my nightstand, visible when these intense days seem to overwhelm.  Reminder....that a day passes and is gone forever, so walk in the yellow socks first and find the real meaning of life.  Walking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment